Monday, October 30, 2006

Eighteen Weeks and counting!

Today I had another doctors appointment. Everything looks good, and sounds good! The babies heartrates are 140 and 150 bpm which the doctor was happy with. I just love listening to them. Sometimes, despite the fact that I'm growing like crazy, I forget that I'm pregnant or I just can't believe it's real. It's nice to have it confirmed.

My biggest issue right now is acid reflux which is normal for pregnant women. Progesterone, which I have twice them amount of :-), works to relax a lot of your muscles including the the mechanism that keeps the acid in your stomach. I can't lay down, can't drink orange juice and really shouldn't have Mexican food but I can't help it! I'm going to try some different medicines and see what helps.

I gained six pounds since last month. That's almost as much as I gained in the first trimester. Yikes! The nurse said this is normal, they are growing a lot right now. In fact if they are on schedule then they should be about 5 1/2 inches long and 5 ounces each. Times that by two and it's starting to get up there.

I'm starting to have movement, or quickening. It's not consistent but if I'm laying down or sitting I feel what sometimes feels like a goldfish swimming around or like I ate a cell phone and it's ringing on vibrate. Can't wait for more.

This Friday I'm going to see the Perinatologist and have another ultrasound.

Happy Early Halloween!

Amanda

No comments: