Monday, October 02, 2006



14 Weeks

Today we had our third ultrasound. We've reached a milestone, the babies are too big to have their pictures taken together anymore. They both weigh about 3 ounces and are measuring a little bigger than 14 weeks. Baby A is 14 weeks 3 days and Baby B is 14 weeks 1 day. They measure this by measuring the head, stomach and femur bones and putting it in the computer. Baby A's heartrate is about 154bpm and Baby B came in at 148 bpm. Baby B did not feel like holding still for pictures or getting the heart rate. B was squirming around kicking legs and stretching his head back. Unfortunately this meant we only got two good pictures of Baby B while we have 8 of Baby A, I hope the jealousy can't begin this soon!

Everything else is also going well. I've gained the right amount of weight for my first trimester-7 pounds. Babies are obviously measuring well. The doctor said still no strenuous exercise but it's okay to walk and do yoga and things of that nature. Next month we will see a perinatologist, a doctor who specializes in higher risk pregnancies and does ever more detailed ultrasounds to look at brain, heart and other organ development. I should only have to see her once unless they see anything they want to keep an eye on.

It's so amazing to see pictures of our babies and watch them move. I love them already! Thanks for all your prayers and support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pulling for Baby B to put on a few extra ounces and start dominating Baby A. Take that Baby A!

T said...

Exciting! Love the ultrasound photos! One trimester down, only two to go! :-)

Looking forward to this journey!

Tara

Anonymous said...

My little nieces!!!! (I'm still going with my first instinct, despite my possibly-portentous dream of 2 nephews).

They look wonderful!!! I'm happy to see that babies and mom are healthy and happy.

However, if you're really gonna name them Baby A and Baby B, you really need to come up with a creative spelling. The birth certificate just won't look right. I could get my students to give their input. They're great with phonetic spelling.

For example...perhaps bayBae and Babe-e-Bee???

Baby A and Baby B...just too banal...